Who we fund
To be eligible for funding your organisation must work for the benefit of inhabitants of Greater London and meet certain criteria.
What types of organisations are eligible to apply?
To be eligible your organisation must be one of the following:
- Registered charity
- Registered Community Interest Company
- Registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation
- Exempt or excepted charity
- Registered charitable industrial and provident society or charitable
We cannot fund:
- political parties
- party political lobbying / campaigning
- non-charitable activities
- work which does not benefit the inhabitants of Greater London.
We do not fund:
- individuals (except through our nominated agencies)
- grant-making bodies to make grants on our behalf (except through our nominated agencies)
- schools, PTAs, universities or other educational establishments
- medical or academic research
- churches or other religious bodies where the monies will be used for religious purposes
- hospitals or primary healthcare providers
- projects which have already taken place or building work which has already been completed
- statutory bodies, such as local authorities (except when they act as an accountable body for onward distribution of funding to voluntary and charitable organisations)
- profit-making organisations, except social enterprises
- charities established/registered outside the UK
- festivals or events which last no longer than a few days
- activities or projects which incorporate an overnight stay
- residential care services
- residential facilities (except where they provide short-term emergency accommodation)
When can organisations re-apply?
- At the end of your revenue funding you may apply for a further grant for a different purpose (i.e. one with significantly different outcomes) one year after we receive a final and satisfactory monitoring and evaluation report on the original grant.
- If you wish to apply for the same purpose, you can do so two years after the final, satisfactory monitoring & evaluation report is received.
- In the case of capital grants one year must have elapsed since the final payment of that grant and receipt of a satisfactory monitoring and evaluation report.
Please see our full re-application criteria for more information.
- You can re-apply one year after the date that the original complete application was submitted. This date is included in the letter sent to you after the application has been considered.