Making London safer
Aims of the programme
Whilst overall levels of recorded crime involving violence in London have reduced, for some Londoners abuse and violence is a day-to-day reality. Domestic violence, trafficking and hate crime are all of enduring concern, often disproportionately affecting some of the most vulnerable members of society.
We want to see survivors of domestic violence and trafficking, and victims of hate crime access high quality specialist support services.
Our programme outcomes
We want to fund projects that will achieve one or more of the following:
- more survivors of domestic violence accessing good quality support services that help them to improve their safety, health and well-being
- BME, LGBT and disabled survivors of domestic violence accessing appropriate services which understand and meet their needs
- domestic violence survivors empowered to avoid or leave violent, abusive or exploitative situations
- children and young people living in refuges accessing specialist support that helps reduce trauma, increases resilience and gives them a voice
- more survivors of trafficking accessing quality specialist support to improve their safety, health and well-being and beginning to reintegrate into society
- victims of hate crime being more aware of their rights and empowered to reduce feelings of fear.
What will we fund?
- refuge, counselling and specialist services that support survivors of domestic violence, including forced marriage, honour crimes, and female genital mutilation. We particularly welcome applications that meet the needs of BME, LGBT and disabled survivors of domestic violence
- refuge services that address the emotional needs of children and young people and give them a voice
- specialist refuge provision and counselling support for survivors of trafficking
- information, advice, advocacy services and representation for victims of hate crime, trafficking or child abuse.
Please show how you:
- involve service users the management and running of the service
- welcome people from all backgrounds and value diversity
- value and support volunteers
- are taking steps as an organisation to reduce your carbon footprint
Applicants will be required to have a vulnerable adults policy in place as a condition of funding.