English for speakers of other languages
Aims of the programme
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes, delivered by voluntary sector organisations in the community, play a vital role in helping people to settle and access services, and to reduce isolation. Community ESOL classes provide a much-needed foundation before learners move into mainstream provision. High quality ESOL classes are essential in helping to develop a more cohesive London.
We want to support work that increases the number of Londoners with improved English language skills, and leads to enhanced access to mainstream services and greater participation in the wider community.
Our programme outcomes
We want to fund projects that will achieve one or more of the following:
- more people with improved English language skills
- more people accessing mainstream services
- more people participating in the wider community
What will we fund?
- ESOL classes at levels Pre-Entry – Entry 3 inclusive, delivered by charitable organisations to adults not accessing mainstream ESOL provision.
Please show how you:
- involve service-users in the management and running of the service
- welcome people of all backgrounds and value diversity
- value and support volunteers
- are taking steps to reduce your carbon footprint.