** PLEASE NOTE: Due to the recent Coronavirus pandemic, the Trust are suspending all Eco Audit Applications for the foreseeable future. Any recent or existing applications are also on hold. We are following the Governments advice on Coronavirus and social distancing. We will keep this under review and will be guided by National developments. Best Wishes from the CBT team.
Aims of the initiative
Most of us are now well aware of our society’s dependence on vulnerable natural systems, and on dwindling global resources. We are less aware, however, of how to make practical changes in behaviour to minimise unwanted environmental damage – and this may apply especially in organisations which are not set up explicitly to address environmental concerns.
We undertook a pilot programme of eco-audits of a sample of London’s third sector organisations in 2006. That exercise showed us the scope and the challenges in regard to improving our environmental performance. We are now extending this experience to more organisations, with a view to:
- making specific and measurable reductions in carbon and waste
- establishing the connections between environmental and social action
- promoting other environmental benefits
- embedding and spreading good environmental practice throughout the sector.
What will we fund?
The Trust will cover the costs of an eco-audit provided by our approved consultants. While the timeframe and precise detail of the eco-audit will vary according to the size and nature of an organisation, an eco-audit is likely to include:
- visiting your premises, and discussions with chief executive, staff and trustees
- review of your energy use, waste, travel patterns and purchasing practice
- review of policies and how decisions are made
- awareness-raising, training and /or eco-tip workshop for staff and/or volunteers
- a report and action plan
- follow-up visit after a year
- report on the changes and savings achieved.
You do not need to be in receipt of a City Bridge Trust grant to request a free eco-audit.
What do we ask you to do?
We ask you to participate fully in the process, and to involve all your staff and trustees as suggested. We ask you to consider how environmental behaviours relate to your core objectives, and how you will embed these into policy and practice. Lastly, we ask you how you will help to spread any useful messages or changes among your stakeholders.
Organisations applying for, or in receipt of, an Investing in Londoners grant are encouraged to consider requesting a free eco-audit. However, it is not a requirement for applicants or grantees to have an eco-audit.
Firstly you will need to complete our online request form (**not currently available as programme currently suspended – please see note above).
If we approve your request, we will contact you to discuss the appointment of a suitable consultant and agree a brief for the work.
If you have any questions about our eco-audits initiative, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7332 3710.