Grant Impact & Learning
City Bridge Trust asks all funded organisations for a progress report at the end of each year of funding to outline how the grant has been used, what has been learnt and the difference the grant has made. We read everything funded organisations submit and learn from it to shape our work across London and to understand how we can best work with and support the organisations we fund.
Important Notice: We have made a number of changes to our grant impact and learning processes due to the major impact of Covid-19 on civil society organisations. We have included more information below but if you have any concerns or questions about your grant please contact your Funding Manager by email.
- What changes have we made to our grant impact and learning processes during COVID-19?
- Completing your impact and learning report
- Grant learning visits
- Links to examples of Impact and Learning reports
What changes have we made to our grant impact and learning processes during COVID-19?
- We are committed to working with funded organisations at this time and have joined the Better Reporting initiative.
- We have simplified our impact and learning report template to reduce the time and information needed to complete the form.
- We are committed to being flexible. If any funded organisation feels unable to complete the form they can contact their Funding Manager to discuss their situation and work out the best way we can work with them and whether any further information is required.
- Our commitment: We will continue to read everything funded organisations submit and will learn from it to shape our work across London and to understand how we can best work with and support the organisations we fund. We have included a section on Covid-19 in our impact and learning report to help flag any particular needs to us.
- We will aim to respond to all mid-grant monitoring reports within 2 weeks but may take longer to respond to final reports where no further payments are due.
- For end of grant reports we have extended the final report deadline to 6 months after the grant has completed.
- We have also produced an FAQs document on our website: Covid-19 FAQ
Completing your impact and learning report
The City Bridge Trust Impact and learning report is an online form that asks a number of questions about the work you have delivered with CBT funding, the difference it has made and what you have learnt. We also ask about any changes to your organisation and, currently, about the impact of Covid-19. We also ask you to submit some financial documentation.
You can download more detailed guidance here: Impact and learning report guidelines.
Core cost conversions: If you agreed with your Funding Manager to convert a proportion of your current grant from specific project funding to core cost funding we will ask you to complete the standard Covid-19 interim impact and learning report. There is no need to complete anything different but we have included some guidance on how you might want to think about your answers in the Impact and learning report guidelines
To complete the online form:
- Please regularly save your impact and learning report whilst you are working on it and keep a copy of your answers in long text fields in Word or a similar programme.
- To login to your online account, please visit the CBT monitoring and application portal and use the same login details from when you submitted your grant application to the Trust.
- 2 months before your report is due you will receive an email. The report will not be available to complete before then but we can send you a read-only copy if you want to see what the report looks like (you should also have received a copy when your grant was awarded). Please note we are currently using the same form for both Investing in Londoners and Bridging Divides grants.
- If you have forgotten the password you can use the ‘reset password’ button to change this.
- If the person who submitted the form has left, you are not sure what the username is or you want to change it to another member of staff please contact: email@example.com
Grant learning visits
In response to Covid-19 we have temporarily paused our visits to organisations. Please be assured we are still working and can keep in touch with our funded organisations by email, telephone and video conferencing.
The Trust usually aims to visit all funded organisations at least once during the lifetime of a grant. These visits help us to better understand the work that funded organisations are doing and to identify success, challenges and trends to shape the Trust’s wider work. We invite our Committee Members to join us on these meetings where they can. To wider share learning we write up our visit experiences to share at our public committee meetings.
We also undertake a smaller number of unannounced and compliance visit to help us verify that work is taking place as expected.
Impact and Learning report links:
Please note these forms are for reference only, grantees can access the live reports from the application portal.