You should have already returned the Terms and Conditions document signed by your Chair or Treasurer (it cannot be signed by an employee of the organisation nor can an electronic signature be used).
The Trust makes all grant payments by BACS transfer.
In all cases, in order to draw down and not delay payment, please ensure that you have met any specific conditions of grant in our original offer letter and provide the following information to the Trust:
- The official start date of your grant. This must be after the date your grant was approved by the City Bridge Trust committee.
- A cheque or paying in slip, clearly marked “CANCELLED” or “SPECIMEN” in order to verify the details of the bank account into which you wish the payment to be made. Please phone for advice if you are unable to provide this.
- The email address of the person we should advise when payments are made to your bank account.
- If you change your bank account or contact information please send the new details to the City Bridge Trust as soon as possible.
To start drawing down the grant, the Chair/Treasurer who signed the Terms and Conditions must request the release of the annual grant in writing. Please note we cannot accept an employee’s signature on this request, nor an electronic signature.
For years 2 and 3, where relevant we will also need your organisation’s income and expenditure budget for the 12 month period covered by the grant payment. Unless your grant has specific conditions attached, or further information is needed, payments will usually be issued automatically on a quarterly basis. If there is any variation in this process, you will be advised of this accordingly.
Where the grant is a contribution towards part or all of the cost of an existing or new post the Trust must be provided with:
a) confirmation of all the post(s) being supported by the grant and the name(s) and starting date(s) of the post holder(s)
b) a job description confirming the salary scale/rate of pay and hours of the post(s)
No grant will be paid prior to the receipt of this information. The Trust must be notified in writing should named key personnel leave or be replaced.
To start drawing down the grant, the Chair/Treasurer who signed the Terms and Conditions must request the release of the grant in writing, as above.
When a capital grant is made towards the purchase or refurbishment of a building, the grant will be released, where possible, on presentation of architect’s certificates and other evidence of funds being required for payment.
Payments of the grant will be made in accordance with the staging of payments for the project or on receipt of invoices from the Project Manager or Contractor.
No grant will be paid prior to the receipt of this information.
b) Access audits
When the audit is complete the following information is required to release the grant:
- A copy of the access audit report (or a copy of the summary pages where it is a very bulky document – we may still ask for a copy of the whole report).
- The invoice for the access audit report.
- The invoice for the disability equality training if applicable.
If the audit report is not yet available, then you must send a pro-forma invoice confirming it’s commission.